Success they say doesn't come by lazing about, it requires total commitment and determination. There are SEO Practices experts don't fail to do and these are what we are about to discuss in this article.
According to SEO techniques from Brian Dean, he said "People that succeed in SEO do two things well
Firstly, They identity SEO techniques that gets them results,
Secondly, they put 100% of their resources into executing and scaling those techniques"
In this tutorial, I will group these SEO practices into two according to the consistent usage of them.
- Permanent Practice and
- Continuous practice.
Permanent practices are those practices being carried out once during the setting up of a website, while continuous practices are those ones being carried out every minute to ensure the smooth ranking of a website in any search engine. Below are the practices explained in details.
4 Tips On Best Permanent SEO Practices
1. Website Tittle
This is a very difficult yet most important in optimization of a website. It requires a thorough research on Keywords that are highly relevant to the theme of your business.
It is this website tittle that tells the search engine where and how to classify a website while rendering a search result. It should be highly understandable and speaks the mind of the website well.
In search result pages (SERP), it is the keyword in the website title that will be highlighted when a user searches for a keyword contained in the title. This enables your website to rank first since it contains exactly what is being searched for.
This is an example.
Let's say the aim of your website is for internet marketing so, your title can look like this;
White Hat Move - Ultimate Solution To Your Internet Marketing
- Make Website title short. Not more than 55 characters
- It should be written this way Website Name - Keyword
- Always start it with your website name followed by either - or : before the proper Keyword
2. Meta Keywords
Even though keywords are being added to every part of a website content, there is a place set aside for complete placement of the Keywords one wants to rank for in Search Engine. This place is the meta keywords.
- Use short Keywords
- Do not write a specific Keyword twice or more
- Use keywords related to your website content
- Write as many words as you can
3. Meta Descriptions
Just as the name implies, it is the full description of your website content. This is what makes search engine users to click on your website shown in search results. Remember, while writing a description for your website you should always add keywords inorder for it to be able to be fetched when those keywords are searched for.
- Keep your description as short as possible because search engines will not display all the words in the description more than 150 words and this might affect the meaning one supposed to get from it.
- Add keywords in your descriptions
- Always write compelling descriptions
4. H1 Tag
A good website must have a universal header tag which helps the search engine to understand the website more. This tag can be either lengthy or short but to it is more preferable to keep it short inorder to keep your website organised and beautiful too. It should be placed just immediately after the <body> of your website html.
I used the name of my website as the header tag on this website. "White Hat Move"
- Use short h1 tags.
- Use H1 tag to strongly recommend your website to the search engine for a specific Keyword searched for.
- Do not change H1 tags often..
- Keep it unique also.
5 Tips On Best Continuous SEO Practices
These can as well be divided into two namely; On-page and off-page SEO
Best On-page SEO Practice
5. Keyword In Post Title
Every post must have a title and a good title must have a keyword included. Since everyone thinks in different ways, the way I search for things on google might not be the way you search for things but one thing is certain "we include a keyword in our search".
To display a result of your search, search engine doesn't search humans heart to know what he meant. Rather, it expects you to type in a related word on what you are looking for before it can get the results for you.
Inorder to be found when someone types a specific word on search engine, you should always include that word on the post title making sure it is not
- Do not use same keyword more than once on a specific post title. For example: Assuming you want to rank for Real Website from this title "How to determine Real Websites on any Real Website" you might be wondering what is wrong with the title but Google takes it seriously when you try to manipulate the search bots.
- Make your post title short and straight to the point.
- Avoid using characters that are not alphabet and numbers
- Try including numbers on the post title, example: "111 reasons you fail exams"
- Add what I call spices on your post title. Example; Free, Hot, best, secrete, extensive etc.
6. Header Tags on Posts
After you have added a universal h1 tag on your website, there is need to use other header tags such as h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 on your post. These are named according to hirachy in a descending order, h2 is highly recognised followed by h3 to h6 which is less recognized.
Headings usage from yoast explained the importance of using a heading tags while writing a long post. Also, Brian Dean on his long post on anatomy of On-page seo pointed on the use of header tags. This will not only tell you how important the use of those tags are but will also contribute to an effective use of them too.
- Try to include keywords on the header.
- Select header tags according to the header importance.
- Do not force keywords on the header.
- Always use header tags on every post made
- Header tags must correspond to the theme of the post.
7. Post Contents With Keyword Phrases
A well written content must correspond with the title of the post. It is where the whole idea of the title is explained extensively. Since this is where all the attention of a visitors gets to, there is need to use your keyword phrases in few places on your content. This is to allow search bots or crawlers detect the keyword you intend to rank for and also recognize your post as a worthy post to that keyword being searched for.
- Using related keywords is more preferable
- Use your exact keywords not more than 4 times on a long post
- Don't ever force a keyword on a sentence it can result to a detrimental result from the search engines.
8. Post URLs
URLs are also determinants in SEO. Post URLs according to experts said that it helps visitors know what the page is all about before clicking on it. A well written URL should be easy to be memorized easily, in such case it should contain only the keywords after the website URL.
- Make it Short.
- Highly Explicit
- Must not contain _ and other special characters
- Keywords should be separated not with a space but with a hyphen (-)
9. Link With Anchor Text
There is always need to include both internal and external links on a post. Search engine crawlers sees those links as related to the context of the post and adds them to the database for next crawling. It shows to bots that before writing that post, it was well researched and has an important information to offer. There are also a way to include a link in a post instead of the usual full address. This unique way is called wrapping an URL with a unique anchor text.
It is adviced to use anchor texts that best describes the title of the URL or the theme of the URL being linked to so that when bots gets to it, it will automatically understand what the link is all about.
- Do not use complete page address of the resource when linking to another url
- Make use of both short and long anchor texts
- Avoid using that phrase "Click here" as it doesn't describe the theme of the page being linked to.
0 comments :
- Advertising (4)
- Affiliate Marketing (1)
- Blogging (2)
- Bounce Rate (2)
- Content Writing (1)
- Email list (3)
- Email marketing (4)
- Extensions (1)
- Facebook Marketing (2)
- Free Website Traffic (1)
- Google Algorithm (1)
- Google Analytics (1)
- Google console (1)
- Google Index (1)
- Google Traffic (3)
- Image Optimization (1)
- Internet marketing (6)
- Keyword researching (2)
- Online Marketing (1)
- Panda (1)
- Search Engine (1)
- Security (1)
- SEM (1)
- SEO (6)
- SEO Techniques (3)
- SEO Tools (10)
- SEO Tutorial (4)
- Social media (1)
- Traffic (2)
- Traffic Tools (4)
- Yandex Tools (1)
Get Semrush Free Premium Account Registration Script. This will allow you to get Semrush Premium account without paying any money. With the...
Website Ranking From Google Using Source Code Viewer The most important tool for ranking which no one has thought of is the website...
How Yandex Webmaster Increases Visits With the high quest to gain huge number of visitors to one's site, there is still the p...
Keyword Research In Adsense Ads It's no longer a new news that before writing a post, there must be thorough Keyword Research. ...
Get Fresh List Of High Web 2.0 Websites To Submit To. The list is arranged in descending order according to it's hirachy from PR9 to ...